the event is just part of the process. We carry
out research, examine feasibility and prepare
business plans, budgets and bid documents where
necessary. All of this is required to deliver
high profile sporting events that feature in
international sporting calendars.
events are eligible for partnership funding
with public funding agencies we work with them
to deliver the anticipated results and satisfy
all of their rigorous financial controls.
Our unrivalled background in mountain biking has put us at the forefront of specialised consultancy work relating to this growing sport and leisure activity. On our own, or with other consultants, we have been involved in a number of feasibility studies as well as advising Organisation Committees in China.
We also carry out a wide range of statistical
research, based on survey data that we collect
and analysis of research produced by others.
Feasibility studies and bids
- 2002 Bid to FIS to host the the 2006 FIS Snowboard World Cup (Glasgow City Council and Snowsport GB)
- 2003 Bid to host the 2007 UCI Mountain Bike and Trials World Championships (UK Sport, Event Scotland and BC)
- 2005 Bid to host the 2008 UCI BMX World Championships (Glasgow City Council and BC)
- 2008 An International Mountain Bike Marathon for Dumfries and Galloway (Forestry Commission)
- 2010 Manchester Velopark Feasibility Study (with Roger Tym and Partners)
- 2010 Yorkshire Mountain Bike Competition Venue Feasibility Study (with Roger Tym and Partners)
- 2010 Hadleigh Farm Olympic Legacy Study (with Roger Tym and Partners)
- 2010 Developing Event Profile for 7stanes Study
- 2011 Antur Festiniog Events Infrastructure Study
- 2012 Guiyang International Mountain Bike Festival, China, Event Management Consultancy for UCI and Womei Advertising (Beijing)
- 2014 Integrated Feasibility Study and Market Appraisal for the Development of Public Bike Trails at Lothianburn
- 2015 Innerleithen Visitor Projections Study for Scottish Borders Council
Funding applications to public agencies
of bid documents
research and reports
closely with public funding agencies